Um… Did you see all the new kids infinity scarves in the shop? This seems totally biased to say, but… these are the best kids scarves! And I only say that because they totally are. But let me tell you why…
Whether you call it a tube scarf, cowl, infinity scarf, double loop scarf, I’m here to tell you that this scarf lasts for years; stays on while kids play; is bright and fun; and with that fleece lining–oh so warm and cozy! Real mom talk: It’s just nice to be able to shovel snow without having to stop every 2 minutes to re-wrap my kid in her scarf. And less scarf fussing means more play (for the kids) and quicker shoveling (hopefully) for me!
Snug As A 4 Year-Old Bug Making Snow Angels!
There are seven fun prints of these cotton and warm fleece scarf blends: super heroes, black bears, foxes, mermaids, pandas, space, and sharks! Just $24! Shop cozy warmth today!
My Creative Director wearing the same scarf 3 years prior. Also, I’m not kidding that these last!)
Hi. I have been struggling to hold it together. Here I am. A brown woman in America, raising two girls, building a small handmade business, trying (and failing) to stay
positive hopeful semi-sane in this current political climate. It’s been a while since I’ve mentioned anything political here, which is nuts because it is on my mind all day and night. I’m trying to keep my business separate but it isn’t, is it? I can’t separate my business from current events any more than I can separate the melanin from my body. And in both cases, I wouldn’t want to.
When it all becomes too much, I turn to quilt block construction. I don’t sell quilts. It’s just for me. Small fussy-cuts, small pieces fitting together to build something larger. It’s an obvious metaphor. It is my happy space. My meditation. What do you do for self-care? (I also find wine and positive small actions toward change help too. Hoping these emails, postcards, and phone calls all come together to make a beautiful quilt block of awesome-er America.)
Be well and have a great day. ❤
Have I talked about the new napkins in my shop? They are my favorite and my most-used item that I sell now that my youngest has grown out of drool bibs.
(Sob! Why do they grow so fast? When did my baby suddenly become a not-baby? She’s turning two in 2 months! Real talk, if I had a dollar for every time I wished my littlest was out of the baby stage, well I wouldn’t need to have this shop or blog or anything. I’d be sailing around Turks and Caicos on my yacht named “Hey Buoys”)
So all this talking to myself and tropical dreaming aside, these napkins are my favorite because…
- At 7×7 they are perfect size for little hands, lunch boxes, bento boxes, and diaper bags
- My little kids feel like big kids using them
- They are tiny but backed with soft and absorbent paper towel-like fabric
- I use them and reuse them and I feel awesome because they’re eco-friendly
- They are useful and fun and I love useful and fun things the most of all
- Use them for wiping hands and mouths after a meal
- Use them for wiping tabletops before settling to eat
- Use them to clean up crumbs and spills
- Use a damp one for wiping baby’s bottom during a change
- Use them as cocktail napkins or coasters during your yacht party
- Use them for fancy tea parties on the living room floor
So what are you waiting for? Go grab some for your family!